GLASS closed circuit solar water heaters
A. IF THE SOLAR WATER HEATER DOES NOT PROVIDE HOT WATER WITH THE SUN
1. Carefully check all connections of the solar water heater for leaks.
3. Check the connecting pipes to make sure they are not twisted or bent.
4. Make sure there is no air trapped inside the solar panels and in the tank.
5. Make sure the solar water heater is mounted horizontally.
6. Make sure the hot water supply is not mixed with a cold water supply.
7. Check for slow leaks from the house plumbing or faucet.
8. Make sure the water tank and solar collector connections are correct and there is no leakage.
9. Make sure that there is no obstacle (tree, building, etc.) that overshadows the solar water heater or part of it.
The following should also be considered:
10. If the use of hot water is greater (more) than the capacity of the device.
11. Existing weather conditions (if it is prolonged cloudy and cold).
12. If there is a large consumption of hot water at night.
13. The customer has not understood the use of electrical resistance.
14. Customer expectations for system performance. Each system, depending on the capacity of the water tank and the surface of the solar panels, produces a certain amount of hot water. For large consumptions, a large system is needed.
If your solar water heater still does not provide you with hot water, call our local dealer.
B. IF THE SOLAR WATER HEATER DOES NOT PROVIDE HOT WATER WITH ELECTRIC RESISTANCE
1. Turn off the power and move the resistor cover.
2. Check the thermal safety switch F on the thermostat, which should be pressed inwards.
3. Check the thermostat cable connection to the electrical resistor.
4. Check if the thermostat is set to a temperature lower than the customer needs.
5. Check the electrical resistance itself.
6. Check the mains supply.
7. Turn on the power and check if the voltage supply is at the points of the respective poles of the resistor.
Testing and electrical connections must be performed by a licensed electrician.
- Instructions after installing the solar water heater – what to do after installation
- Replacement of the magnesium rod – whenever the magnesium rod needs to be replaced
- Ποιόν ηλιακό θερμοσίφωνα να επιλέξω (hot water consumption table)