Closed circuit solar water heaters
To replace the magnesium rod, do the following:
1. Turn off the power supply.
2. Drain the water from the tank.
3. Remove the electrical resistor and unscrew the old worn magnesium rod and screw in the new one. Install the electrical resistor after first checking that the rubber seal is not damaged. If it is worn, replace it with a new one.
4. Turn on the water supply to fill the tank and make sure it is completely sealed.
5. When the tank is completely full, turn on the main power supply.
The replacement of the magnesium rod should be done with care and costs of the customer and should be done by an authorized distributor. The intervals for the replacement of the magnesium rod can be every 6 months to every 2 years depending on the water quality. In areas where the total dissolved constants (T.D.S.) exceed 600ppm it is necessary to install a filter.
- Instructions after installing the solar water heater – what to do after installation
- Troubleshooting – why the solar water heater does not provide hot water
- Which solar water heater to choose (hot water consumption table)